Sunday, February 10, 2013

Story Idea


I got the idea for my story when I was walking in the MUB, and saw yet another blood drive in the Granite State room. Though there are blood drives very frequently on campus, I still thought of it as newsworthy because of how important donating blood really is.

                According to the red cross website, the one pint taken from your body when you donate is enough blood to save up to three lives! I haven’t been able to give blood for a while, because you can’t for six months after getting a tattoo, but I always try to get my friends to donate.

                I was excited after my interviews because I got to speak with one of the people who deals with and collects the samples. It was a unique opportunity to speak with someone who is behind the scenes of the blood drive.

No comments:

Post a Comment