Sunday, February 10, 2013

Assignments


The unique structure of assignments in Newswriting has been a challenge so far for me. The way that the assignments are set up, with many smaller assignments rather than one larger one has made is difficult to really keep track of what is due when. Having the blog with step by step instructions has been hugely helpful though. I get to keep a check list of what I have done and what I need to do.

But the biggest challenge for me is the new story every week. I’m already dreading over how I am supposed to find 15 separate stories and do at least 3 interviews for each. I do understand the point of having us do this, to give us a taste of how working as a journalist will be. But with other classes, a job and a social life it becomes hard to keep up with it all.

No comments:

Post a Comment